Architectuur in de Digitale Wereld
Enterprise Architecture (EA) is a conceptual tool that helps organizations get a deeper understanding of their own structure and of the way they work. It provides a map of the enterprise and it is a “route planner” for business and technology change. EA is a discipline that is methodical and model-driven. This course is intended to give an introduction to this exciting discipline by giving an overview of its theory as well as cover its practical implications.
After completing this course, students will:
- Have a solid understanding of the field of EA, its concepts and terminology
- Will have basic skills with TOGAF and ArchiMate
- Will understand and be able to reflect on the position of EA in the organization
- Will have basic understanding of the notion of architecture governance in relation to standards management, risk management etceter.a
- concepts & terminology
- architecture modeling with ArchiMate
- architecture processes with TOGAF
- business, information, systems, and infrastructure architecture
- security architecture
- collaborative nature of architecture
- from architecture to realization
- practical case studies
- 15 uur hoorcollege
- 20 uur practicum
- 15 uur werkcollege
- 34 uur zelfstudie
The main part of the course is the lecture. Here the material is presented and discussed. Group participation is encouraged. The lectures are complemented by short practical sessions where group assignments are discussed.
Students are expected to do an assignment which they will present during the last lecture. There is also an exam.