The course consists of 11 lectures/seminars in English of each 2 hours and is open to both Foreign and Dutch students.
A minimum of 8 participants is required for the course to be organised.
· Dutch students should have successfully completed Substantive law. Preliminary courses and minimum of EC's required for attending this course and being admitted to the exam.
· Preliminary course: Substantive law B2 or Europees Mededingingsrecht en Intellectuele Eigendom B3)
· EC's: 160 EC's of bachelor courses.
FOREIGN EXCHANGE LAW STUDENTS:
A good command of the English language and a basic knowledge of European competition law are required. Students should have successfully completed a comparable course to Substantive Law at their home university.
The aim of the course is to provide participants with the necessary background information:
This course offers students already acquainted with the basic principles of European competition law the opportunity to deepen their knowledge of this subject, and to acquire thorough knowledge of the of the core concepts of European competition law and policy.
In addition to a thorough analysis of the competition rules addressed to undertakings (Article 101 TFEU, Article 102 TFEU, Regulation 139/2004), attention is also devoted to procedure, as laid down in Regulation 1/2003. This allows us to deal with both the centralised application by the European Commission and the decentralised application of the Treaty rules by national courts and national competition authorities.
The last part of the course deals with the competition rules addressed to Member States: Article 106 TFEU (public undertakings and liberalisation), the useful effect doctrine (Article 4 (3) TEU in conjunction with Article 101 TFEU or Article 1-2 TFEU) and Artt. 107-109 TFEU (state aid).
The Course will be concluded with a written exam which will be staged in December 2011 or January 2012.
|Allocation of credits
Lectures/seminars: 22 hours
Preparation lectures/seminars: 60 hours
Preparation exam: 114 hours
Total (7 EC): 196 hours
- Prof. dr. J.W. van de Gronden, Thomas van Aquinostraat 4, kamer 4.01.43, tel.: +31-24-3612259, e-mail
- Dr. C.S. Rusu, Thomas van Aquinostraat 4, kamer 4.01.37, tel.: +31-24-3611652, e-mail
- Mrs. drs. F. Argante, Thomas van Aquinostraat 4, room 4.01.35, tel. 024-3615488, e-mail
- Mrs. drs. M.G. Grevinga, Thomas van Aquinostraat 4, room 4.01.35, tel. 024-3615488, e-mail